[Vtigercrm-developers] caching user privileges

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Mon Mar 19 07:18:02 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Prasad <prasad at vtiger.com> wrote:
> Good to see your refactoring work progress. I'm curious   about your
> approach of testing the changes made?

The changes for ticket 7342 were manually tested by me, but also by
our full-time QA person.  That code should be pushed to production in
the next week or two.  The changes for ticket 7379 are still in
progress.

> Are you using any phpunit test cases?

Not yet.  For a refactoring like this, where the previous interface of
including files is being thrown away, it's next to impossible to
create unit tests.  That said, would you rather I sync back to
immediately after ticket 7342 and create unit tests there (making the
interface of UserPrivileges more permanent), or would you rather have
new unit tests of the final product (where I've folded all that logic
up into the Users and Roles classes)?