[Vtigercrm-developers] patches for 5.5.0

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Thu Mar 8 13:38:02 PST 2012

First off, thanks to Asha for agreeing to take a look at Trac 7342 for
5.5.0.  I think that refactoring should make it very easy to create a
new Vtlib_Permissions interface.

I am now somewhat reinvigorated to submit more patches.  Since it is
work for me to create patches off our 5.2.1 fork that are appropriate
for trunk, let me put forth a list of possibilities and see which ones
people find interesting.  It would also be useful to know which ones
may have already been implemented in later versions of vtiger.

#1 - Calendar write/delete sharing

Our receptionists have the ability to create appointments for
other people, which we have implemented with standard sharing access
rules.  This is in addition to the existing "public calendar" sharing rules,
which we do not use.

#2 - Calendar ajax edit/save

Like any other module, we allow individual field edits to activities.

I swear I have more than this in the hopper, but this is all that I can
remember at the moment.  Let me sift through Bugzilla and see what
else I can come up with.