[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow: Set field values - assign to group fails.

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 02:53:12 PDT 2012

In my new Ticket workflow I have three tasks in the following order:

Assign New Tickets to Support Group
Notify owners of new ticket (email)
Notify Customer Ticket Received (email)

There is one user in the Support Group, me.

When the workflow runs, it all seems to work, in that I get the notify
owner email and the sender (customer) gets a response acknowledging
receipt etc...

However, in vtiger if I look at this Ticket, it says it is assigned to a
completely different user with a different email address. (how on earth
I am getting the email I do not know).

Further investigation shows that the workflow is setting the smownerid
to "4" which is the ID of the Support Group.

But the ticket shows that it has been assigned to the user with id=4 not
a group.

I think the workflow "set field values" where I am trying to set the
assigned To field is a bit broken...

Thanks