[Vtigercrm-developers] vtlib Vtiger_Menu::getInstance not working in 5.4.0

Vikas Jain vikas at vtiger.com
Fri Jul 20 07:03:08 PDT 2012

Hi Conrado/Alan,

In the manifest file of the module if you set parent node to Analytics or
Sales etc, you should find the module under those main menu tabs.

@Alan,
You are correct Vtiger_Menu is not useful in the current form, we have to
rethink on Menu and Module
and add API's to add/remove a module from Menus. Created trac
ticket<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/7477>for this.

On 18 July 2012 13:02, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/07/12 18:50, MAGGI Conrado RE-INGENIA wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Alan, Did you find a work around for these issue? We are trying to
> > create a module for 5.4
>
> Sadly not. I ended up with my custom modules under tools (but have to
> manually edit the database to even do this).
>
> I tried manually creating in the database all the references to what I
> think should create a new "top level" menu and then editing the various
> tables to suit my custom modules but I was unable to create a new menu
> heading at all (hardcoded?)
>
> In the end I just gave up - no more time.
>
> The vtlib Vtiger_Menu: API doesn't appear to do anything useful at all
> in 5.4.0.
>
> Cheers
>
> Al

Regards