[Vtigercrm-developers] Packing a module

Alexandru Mihai alexandru at webio.ro
Mon Dec 17 23:47:36 PST 2012

Hi Hussain,

I faced the same problem a couple a weeks ago. This is how I made a module :

   - I took a free module : payslip and installed it
   - I've added some fields from module manager , module settings ( the
   hammer icon ) , layout editor
   - After that i've exported the module ( near the hammer icon is the
   export icon )
   - I analized how the module was created and builded a new one based on
   payslip.
   - Basically you have to make changes in the folowing files:
   -           manifest.xml - there you have the fields you want in your
   module and the connections with other modules
   -           in the modules folder / name_of_the_module folder you have
   to change Payslip.php, Payslip.js .. etc with your new module name. After
   that you have to enter Payslip.php and PayslipHandler.php and change
   payslip with your new module. In Payslip.php you have to enter also the
   name of the database tables and some other parameters.

I think the best way is to analize the exported module.