[Vtigercrm-developers] Tracking time-spent with Event

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Sat Aug 25 10:37:33 PDT 2012

Doug,

More than relying on the start and end time fields to track the time
spent on Call, having it custom coded is good.

There would be many approaches but there is what I can think of now.

Provide "Call Start" button on Event DetailView where the agent would
click when they call customer and then click - "Call End" when they are
done.
On "Call End" the amount of time spent can be captured, which otherwise
can be easily altered and will lead to inaccurate results.

This would give you better precision for tracking too.

Regards,
Prasad