[Vtigercrm-developers] sequence tables vs auto_increment

Nicolas Larcipretti niclarcipretti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:54:04 PDT 2012

Maybe portability. If you try to port all the tables to Oracle, for
instance, auto-increment would never work. But if you control the sequences
in a separate table, it becomes highly portable.

Don't know if the people who first developed Vtiger were thinking this
way...but it's definitely a good way to think!