[Vtigercrm-developers] [vtigercrm-developers] UITYPE & TYPEOFDATA map for vtiger 5.x

Nicolas Larcipretti niclarcipretti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:06:31 PDT 2012

Well, in fact those parameters work in a very weird way (IMHO) cause when
you create a new field using the max lenght, for instance, vtiger uses this
parameter to create the database field, but, instead of checking if the
user typed more then X chars, it simply "chops" the string and insert it
anyway (please guys, correct me if this happens because some deep shit I've
made to the system). So, if this behavior is ok to you, go ahead and be
happy :) cause for me it just wasn't.

I've tried to bring the validation issue up before to the community, but
they simply ignored me...I don't think they are worried with someone trying
to mess with their databases...pitty

Cheers

Nicolas