[Vtigercrm-developers] Handling Organisations for end customers

Röder & Miedaner GbR droeder at roeder-miedaner.de
Sun Apr 22 03:50:15 PDT 2012

Dear all,
I'm evaluation vTiger currently and I'm still having one question about
the vitger conecept in general:
When creating a new contact in the demo, I'm not forced to add an
organisation to this contact. When creating an invoice for this contact
afterwards it's asking me to assing an organisation to the invoice.
As my company is also selling to private end customers, it's not sure
that all contacts are having an organisation.
I tested it at http://demo.vtiger.com and also played around with 5.4RC.

I found in the wiki
(https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Organizations_Module) the hint, that
organisations are auto generated when migration leads to Opportunity.
I'm expecting this is happing in the backend also when creating an
invoice for a contact?

How is it designed to handle these end customers? Do I have to create an
organisation called "Private person" or can I anyhow change the
orgranisation from mandatory to optional?

Thanks in advance

Dirk