[Vtigercrm-developers] New vtiger CRM 5.4.0 is now available!

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Thu Apr 19 08:33:07 PDT 2012

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce new 5.4 version of vtiger CRM Open Source
edition. With this release, we are continuing the quest to help your
business get more out of vtiger CRM. This release has significant
improvements with several new features, usability enhancements and 100+ bug
fixes. These changes were deployed to our On Demand customers in the past 6
months, and we are happy to bring this to the open source community.

*Usability Enhancements in 5.4.0*

**1. Simpler Top level menu, which can be configured using MenuEditor
2. Simpler UI for creating custom filters
3. Convert Lead UI has been redesigned to offer flexibility to users
4. Import Feature has been enhanced to make it robust
5. Ability to select records across pages, for Mass Edit or Bulk Email
6. Account has been renamed to Organization, and Potential to Opportunity
7. Easy access to hidden default widgets on home page.

*Following are some notable features in 5.4.0 *

1. Workflow module has been enhanced to allow you to create records
automatically
2. Track who changed what with ‘View History’ for each record in the CRM
3. Webforms module to easily integration forms on your website with vtiger
CRM
4. Create custom charts and add to Home page
5. Customer Portal enhanced for creating better customized settings
6. vcard Import for Contacts and Leads
7. Include Comments in Leads and Contacts Reports
Please try out this version and email us your feedback to
support at vtiger.com<http://blogs.vtiger.com/support@vtiger.com>
.

*vtiger CRM 5.4.0  downloads :
*v<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.4.0/Core%20Product/vtigercrm-5.4.0-RC.tar.gz/download>tiger
CRM EXE : vtiger CRM 5.4.0.exe
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.4.0/Core%20Product/vtigercrm-5.4.0.exe/download>vtiger
CRM Source* : *vtiger CRM 5.4.0 . tar.gz
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.4.0/Core%20Product/vtigercrm-5.4.0.tar.gz/download>vtiger
CRM Bin : vtiger CRM
5.4.0.bin<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.4.0/Core%20Product/vtigercrm-5.4.0.bin/download>

Customer portal – vtiger CRM
customerportal.zip<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.4.0/Add-ons/vtigercrm-customerportal-5.4.0.zip/download>
Firefox Extension* : *vtiger CRM Firefox Plugin
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.4.0/Add-ons/vtigercrm-firefox-plugin-5.4.0.xpi/download>Microsoft
Word Plugin – vtiger CRM Word
Plugin.exe<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.4.0/Add-ons/vtigercrm-office-plugin-5.4.0.exe/download>

*Documentation *: http://wiki.vtiger.com

*Release Notes :* vtiger CRM 5.4.0 release
notes<https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Release_Notes_540>

*Demo Links* :
http://demo.vtiger.com
http://demo.vtiger.com/portal <https://demo.vtiger.com/portal>

*Customer portal login credentials:
*User name :  test at vtiger.com
 <http://blogs.vtiger.com/test@vtiger.com>Password : test

*To Report Issues:*  Please send email to
support at vtiger.com<http://blogs.vtiger.com/support@vtiger.com>or
report on
trac <http://trac.vtiger.com/>

*Migration :
*vtiger CRM 5.4.0 includes a migration wizard to help upgrade from 5.0,
5.1, 5.2, 5.2.1 or 5.3.0. Please refer to the migration manual below for
additional details. In case, you are looking to upgrade from 4.x, the
migration path to 5.4 is covered in the document Migration
Manual<https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Vtiger_CRM_5.4_Migration>

Asha
vtiger Team

*Connect with us on: *Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/vtigercrm> *I*