[Vtigercrm-developers] period decimal separators in textboxes

Christopher Pecoraro chrispecoraro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:35:38 PDT 2012

vtigercrm team,
It is a well-known problem in vtigercrm that even if the views allow
numbers can use any type of formatting (comma or period separators), users
still need to use the period separator for modifying values. Have any plans
been made to fix the l9n o 18n bugs in the Inventory module (and for Quote,
Invoice, etc) for a future release?  My company also abandoned vtigercrm
due to this lack of funcionality.  I was able to hack up the Quotes and
Invoice modules very minimally to display and allow for european values in
edit mode, but I had to write several functions which switched the values
to imperial format for calculations, and then switch them back to European
formatting for display.  There were many changes required.
It is confusing here in Europe for users that need to edit 1.000 for 1
(one) where "1.000" means 1,000 (one thousand).

Thanks in advance for reading,
Christopher