[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger 5.4 RC, customizing PDF layout

Markus Miedaner markus at marcap.de
Sun Apr 15 01:29:23 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I'm new at the vTiger development but I think I'll be a little bit more present in this scene from now on. I'll try to adjust the layout of the Quote and Invoice PDF's.

I found the Wiki entry which lists some files where you can adjust parameters like the header etc. But unfortunately it didn't work anymore with 5.4? I started to modify the header (modules/Quotes/pdf_templates/header.php) but nothing changed. Then I deleted the complete modules/Quotes/pdf_templates directory but the "Export to PDF" still works really fine.

I found out that I can change the layout of the ship and billing addresses in the file include/InventoryPDFController.php which is not mentioned in the wiki.

Can you please give me a short hint or a summary where the relevant content for customizing the PDF layout is? Is fpdf still used for 5.4 RC? Then I save lots of hours reverse engineering...

The actual Quote and Invoice Layout is not the best for german customers. The main goal is to customize vtiger for a specific german industrial branch, because this is a bigger project I want to work with 5.4 RC!

Thanks for your help to make my first steps more easy in advance!

Best regards,
Markus