[Vtigercrm-developers] Sending emails from vtiger

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:21:12 PDT 2012

On 04/04/12 19:58, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> On 04/04/12 19:39, Prasad wrote:
>> Alan,
>>
>> Mail Manager IMAP configuration is used for reading the emails. However,
>> sending emails is handled via SMTP (Outgoing server configured).
>
> Yes, I was aware of that.
>
> As I understand it, what clients like Thunderbird do is to add a *copy*
> of the mail that gets sent to the IMAP Sent folder.

Here is a screenshot of the setting in TB:

http://twitpic.com/95loj6/full

So it would seem that the mail client in vtiger needs to provide a UI to
allow the user to choose/create the correct "sent" folder and some code
to add a copy of the message that is sent to the sendmail() function, to
that IMAP folder.

Alan

--
Libertus Solutions