[Vtigercrm-developers] 5.3.0 API Changes?

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Sun Oct 30 23:11:06 PDT 2011

Alan, Joe,

Thanks for pointing out this one.

Definitely, we will have the retain the older changes to 5.2.0 and 5.1.0
directory. And we will had to add new module directory for 5.3.0 compatible
modules. We shall address this before GA release.

The last and the most important step to cover is the documentation, which
will we try and address sooner.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Joe Bordes <joe at tsolucio.com> wrote:

> I was going to ask the same, because I see you have updated files in
> vtlib/ModuleDir for prior versions but not created a new 5.3.0
> directory, which quite doesn't make much sense to me.
> The way I see it unless you are fixing some bug for modules created on
> those versions (which aren't going to change anymore) their ModuleDir
> files shouldn't change either.
>
> For example, you have added to ModuleDir of 5.2.0 and 5.1.0 a change to
> use the new checkFileAccessForInclusion function which is defined ONLY
> in  include/utils/CommonUtils.php of vtiger CRM 5.3.0, so anybody who
> tries to use these files to create a module for 5.2.0 will get an
> incorrect module.
>
> What am I missing?  Besides some programming changes documentation :-)
>
> Joe
> TSolucio
>

> El 27/10/11 20:08, Alan Lord (News) escribió:
> > Just a quick question,
> >
> > what, if any, changes are there to the vtlib and webservices APIs? I
> > didn't see anything obvious on the Wiki.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Al

Asha
vtiger Team