[Vtigercrm-developers] Enable Duplicate Checking in other modules than users

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Thu Mar 17 12:54:20 PDT 2011

Hi Nate Peterson,

I would say going to Save and then checking for duplicate would be too late.
Preferably, it should be done even before calling Save.
Say for exampe, In Accounts module, even before Submitting the form, we do
an ajax request to check if the Account with same name exists. If exists,
then we don't submit the form. Otherwise we submit the form for Save.
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Nate Peterson <n.peterson01 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a way to enable duplicate entry checking in other modules
> like Leads the same way it is used when you add a new User.
> In short, when you click 'Save' in the 'Create New Lead' section, It checks
> the entered fields (or at least the required ones) against those fields in
> the database and checks for duplicates.  If it finds one, it won't let you
> save.  I prefer this method to going through afterwards and weeding them
> out.
>
> Has anyone done this before?  Is there an add-on for this?  Can anyone at
> least point me in the right direction as to how to accomplish this?
>
> So far, focusing on the Leads module, the closest thing I have found is
> save.php in the Leads folder, but I am kind of at a loss as to what does
> what here or if this is the right place to be looking.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help and/or insight anyone can offer.

Asha
vtiger Team