[Vtigercrm-developers] Enable Duplicate Checking in other modules than users

Nate Peterson n.peterson01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:15:09 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am looking for a way to enable duplicate entry checking in other modules
like Leads the same way it is used when you add a new User.
In short, when you click 'Save' in the 'Create New Lead' section, It checks
the entered fields (or at least the required ones) against those fields in
the database and checks for duplicates.  If it finds one, it won't let you
save.  I prefer this method to going through afterwards and weeding them
out.

Has anyone done this before?  Is there an add-on for this?  Can anyone at
least point me in the right direction as to how to accomplish this?

So far, focusing on the Leads module, the closest thing I have found is
save.php in the Leads folder, but I am kind of at a loss as to what does
what here or if this is the right place to be looking.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or insight anyone can offer.