[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger + LDAP/Active Directory

Carlo Beschi carloz at gnumerica.org
Wed Sep 22 02:06:25 PDT 2010

Hi Alan,

I've forwarded your email to one of my colleagues, who recently took
care of a couple of vtiger LDAP integrations for customers of ours.

Briefly:

- we're using 5.1 - the patch is for that release, we haven't tested it
on 5.2

- your customer is right about the LDAP tree searching thing. Please
find attached a patch for enabling such feature (we use to submit such
patches to vtiger trac - not sure we already sent this one in anyway)

- the idea of making an extension module is fair, but as far as I'm
aware of, you can't patch vtiger core through a module (which makes
sense), so ... it's not so easy.

Thanks for the valuable information you keep sending here, and sharing.

Carlo