[Vtigercrm-developers] Suggestion for search improvements

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 00:16:34 PDT 2010

Hi all,

one of our customers asked me about the navigation of a search result
set yesterday:

1. Do a search for a fairly general phrase, e.g. "follow up".
2. This produces results across several modules.
3. Click on the first item in the result set to open it in the display view.
4. The next and back navigation buttons do not work so you are unable to
easily navigate around the results. Going back in browser requires
resending the search query and is time consuming.

I suggested that the user open the results in a new tab so at least they
do not have to continually re-query the database.

As a suggestion, could the query result perhaps be written to a
temporary table in the db, or retained by some other means, so that it
would be possible to use the next and previous buttons based on the set
of results that have been returned?

I think this type of usability improvement would be a significant benefit.

Ideas, Comments, Suggestions?

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com