[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM Version 5.2 Validation Build 1

Musavir Khan musavir at vtiger.com
Thu May 20 08:29:11 PDT 2010

Announcement,

We have been busy trying to bring you Version 5.2 of vtiger CRM. Today, we
are pleased to release 5.2 Validation Build1  to the community for testing
purpose (details below). There are lot of exciting features as well as
performance improvements that are packed in this new version. Version 5.2
will bring a couple of highly desired features to vtiger CRM - Project
Management and SMS Notifier. In addition, this new version will include
enhanced APIs to enable the development of mobile clients.

*5.2 Key Features*

   - SMS Module <http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/vtiger520:SMS_Module>.
   - Mobile API module  (not included in VB1, extension module will be
   provided in a week's time).
   - Project Management (not included in VB1, extension module will be
   provided in a week's time).
   - User List view Navigatio.
   - Calendar ical Import Export.
   - Reports Enhancement- Added Line Item Support.
   - Assets Module<http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/vtiger520:Assets_Module>
   .
   - and more - Detailed list can be found in the Release
notes<http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/vtiger520:Release_Notes>
   ,

We also fixed a number of bugs reported on 5.1 version. Bugs fixes included
in 5.2 can be found
here<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/query?status=closed&milestone=5.2.0>
.

*5.2 Release Plan*

Before releasing the final version, we will be releasing a couple of builds
of 5.2 to the community to get feedback and fix issues. We plan the
following releases before the final version.

   - Validation Build1
   - Validation Build2 (if necessary - to be determined based on nature of
   fixes changes made after Validation Build1)
   - Release Candidate (RC)
   - Final Version

*5.2 Release page on Wiki:*
We have setup a 5.2 page on
Wiki<http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Main_Page#tab=5.2.0_.28Development_Build.29>
with
all the necessary details on the Version 5.2.  Open issues in 5.2.0 can be
found on http://trac.vtiger.com

*5.2 Validation Build1*

Today, we are pleased to release 5.2 Validation Build1. This build is
intended for seeking feedback from community members to identify any issues
that needs to be addressed before Final release. *Please do not use the 5.2
validation build on your production server. Data Migration from Validation
Build1 to final version will not be supported.*

*More information<http://www.vtiger.com/blogs/2010/05/20/vtiger-crm-version-52-validation-build-1/>on
vtiger CRM 5.2.0 VB1 can be found
here<http://www.vtiger.com/blogs/2010/05/20/vtiger-crm-version-52-validation-build-1/>
*