[Vtigercrm-developers] Import of csv data failed silently

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 03:44:56 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I imported a fairly small database of contacts for a client recently
(about 600 rows) which appeared to be OK at the time. The actual import
process never returned me to a successful import screen, but neither it
report any errors. After waiting for a significant time I just clicked
on Contacts and they all seemed to be there.

Unfortunately, they weren't. About 30 or so rows at the end were not
imported.

Looking at the original data, in one of the fields on the row where the
import failed, was a back tick character "`".

This seems to be the cause of the problem.

Can someone else confirm this and I'll make a bug report on trac? I
guess we should trap this and at least return some kind of error message.

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com