[Vtigercrm-developers] Localization issues in Vtiger 5.2.0

Musavir Khan musavir at vtiger.com
Tue Aug 24 20:01:42 PDT 2010

Hi Eugene,

find my response inline,

2010/8/24 Eugene Babiy <eugene.babiy at gmail.com>

>  Hi Asha
>
> I also tried to add such strings to each module's localization file but
> without success. Only adding them to General localization file fixed this
> problem.

a patch is under test which will fix this issue and make sure that each
module's localization file used for all its strings.

> What about the Dashboards font? Are there plans to fix this in 5.2.0?

Dashboard font issues with the utf8 characters should be better with 5.2.0,
this happens when the selected font is not available. a fix is under testing
which will revert the font used in Dashboards to one of the basic fonts.

> Also I'd like to have a possibility to pack my patches to the localization
> module. Is there any chance that you will add such functionality to Module
> Manager in 5.2.0?

we want to discourage such a patch, we want to make sure we provide you an
environment where the product is translatable without such changes. if you
find a need to make the product, please create a ticket for the same.

Regards,
MAK