[Vtigercrm-developers] Database migration 5.1.0 to 5.2.0

machianera2002-altri at yahoo.com machianera2002-altri at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 04:59:33 PDT 2010

Hi,
Perhaps this issue was already discussed before, but I couldn't find the right
answer therefore I am using the developers lists.
As per obtaining the proper number formatting, I had to change in the 5.1.0
database some registers' UIType (i.e. from 1 to 7), or modifying the table field
type (i.e. from 25,3 to 25,2).
My questions are:
(1) When planning migration from my current 5.1.0 installation to 5.2.0 should
the migration keep my table modifications, in both situations (register and/or
field type)? Or the migration tool must find the table structure/register
contents (UITypes) as originally deployed?
(2) Is there a way to keep vtiger informed about table structure/UITypes changes
I would like to keep as standard for future releases?
Thank you,
Guido