[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow Custom Functions

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:43:58 PDT 2010

Following on a little further, I was playing around with trying to
providing some more useful information in the description field of the
newly automatically created Project module:

$description =
"This Project was automatically created when Potential No. " .
$entity->get('potential_no') . " was changed to Status: " .
$entity->get('sales_stage') . " by user: " .
$entity->get('user_name') . ".\n\n" .
$entity->get('description');

Now, the interesting puzzle is how to get the *actual* user that changed
the potential?

The Workflow process itself always runs as admin from what I can tell.

I'm thinking I need to check the modifiedby (and possibly smcreatorid)
fields of the crmentity. If it isn't "1" then I know to go and get the
username from this id. Does that sound about right? Are there any
built-in functions to check these fields?

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com