[Vtigercrm-developers] Localization issues in Vtiger 5.2.0

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Tue Aug 24 09:19:50 PDT 2010

Hi Eugene Babiy,

Thanks for Identifying the translation issues. We respect to the first issue
you have reported, I had mentioned this earlier too. Adding language strings
to include/language/en_us.lang.php is not a clean solution as any new vtlib
module shouldn't be touching the core files. The new modules should try to
manage changes within the module. The solution for this is to have language
strings in the module's language files and the Framework should pick the
language strings from appropriate place. There are few missing hooks in
5.2.0 RC as of now. We will try out best to fix them for 5.2.0.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Eugene Babiy <eugene.babiy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi.
>
> First that I found out translating Vtiger 5.2.0 is a missing of such
> strings in /include/language/en_us.lang.php:
>
>    'ModComments' => 'Комментарии',
>    'Services' => 'Услуги',
>    'Assets' => 'Активы',
>    'CustomerPortal' => 'Клиентский Портал',
>    'FieldFormulas' => 'Формулы Полей',
>    'ModComments' => '',
>    'Project' => 'Проекты',
>    'ProjectMilestone' => 'Сроки Проектов',
>    'ProjectTask' => 'Проектные Задания',
>    'ProjectTeam' => 'Проектные Команды',
>    'RecycleBin' => 'Корзина',
>    'ServiceContracts' => 'Сервисные Контракты',
>    'SMSNotifier' => 'SMS-Уведомления',
>    'Tooltip' => 'Подсказки',
>    'VtigerBackup' => 'Резервное Копирование',
>    'Webforms' => 'ВебФормы',
>    'SINGLE_ProjectMilestone' => 'Критический Срок',
>    'SINGLE_ProjectTask' => 'Проектное Задание',
>
> Inserting this strings fixed problem.
>
> The second that I found is a translation issue with displaying Dashboard
> fonts aren't fixed. In 5.2.0 translated values displayed with rectangles as
> in 5.1.0. The font does not support Cyrillic letters.
>
> The third is a result of the second issue. Wee need to use a patch to make
> Vtiger fully translated because the files other than translation files are
> not handled in translation package during install or upgrade. I don't know
> if it's possible to make a 'patch' package to handle it with Module Manager
> in ver. 5.2.0 which would be great. Otherwise users need to install patch
> 'by hands' which is not so comfortable (as I found from feedbacks).
>
> Best regards, Eugene Babiy
> Russian Localization Community

Asha
vtiger Team