[Vtigercrm-developers] Localization issues in Vtiger 5.2.0

Eugene Babiy eugene.babiy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 12:41:08 PDT 2010

Hi.

First that I found out translating Vtiger 5.2.0 is a missing of such
strings in /include/language/en_us.lang.php:

     'ModComments' => 'Комментарии',
     'Services' => 'Услуги',
     'Assets' => 'Активы',
     'CustomerPortal' => 'Клиентский Портал',
     'FieldFormulas' => 'Формулы Полей',
     'ModComments' => '',
     'Project' => 'Проекты',
     'ProjectMilestone' => 'Сроки Проектов',
     'ProjectTask' => 'Проектные Задания',
     'ProjectTeam' => 'Проектные Команды',
     'RecycleBin' => 'Корзина',
     'ServiceContracts' => 'Сервисные Контракты',
     'SMSNotifier' => 'SMS-Уведомления',
     'Tooltip' => 'Подсказки',
     'VtigerBackup' => 'Резервное Копирование',
     'Webforms' => 'ВебФормы',
     'SINGLE_ProjectMilestone' => 'Критический Срок',
     'SINGLE_ProjectTask' => 'Проектное Задание',

Inserting this strings fixed problem.

The second that I found is a translation issue with displaying Dashboard
fonts aren't fixed. In 5.2.0 translated values displayed with rectangles
as in 5.1.0. The font does not support Cyrillic letters.

The third is a result of the second issue. Wee need to use a patch to
make Vtiger fully translated because the files other than translation
files are not handled in translation package during install or upgrade.
I don't know if it's possible to make a 'patch' package to handle it
with Module Manager in ver. 5.2.0 which would be great. Otherwise users
need to install patch 'by hands' which is not so comfortable (as I found
from feedbacks).

Best regards, Eugene Babiy
Russian Localization Community