[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow Custom Functions

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 03:40:14 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I ran a workshop for a prospect yesterday and I used 5.2.0RC as it is so
close. They *really* liked vtiger.

One thing they will want to achieve I am hoping I will be able to do
using a custom workflow function:

After the typical sales process is followed initially - > Lead, some
dialogue, convert to a Contact/Account and Potential.

As the Potential is worked through, when the Contact finally accepts the
quote and says "yes" to the deal, I would like to be able to
automatically create a new Project when the user changes the Potential
sales stage to - for example - Closed-Won. This would obviously mean
passing/copying a number of different parameters from the Potential to
the Project.

I have not written a Workflow function before and the info on the Wiki
is quite limited. I wonder if any one has has any examples they would
care to share that might help get me started?

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com