[Vtigercrm-developers] Customer Portal NG Project Open

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:08:07 PDT 2009

Following the recent discussions on this list we now have a new project
on the vtiger forge. I called it Customer Portal Next Generation.

When I started this, my initial objectives were:

* Separate presentation from logic;
* Remove all unnecessary tables and markup;
* Use at least XHTML 1.0 Transitional Doctype;
* Enhance the end-user's ability to customise the look & feel;
* Re-factor the logic to improve performance remove unnecessary duplication;

Prasad requested that the styling of the customer portal be changed so
it matches the vtiger CRM itself (A good idea I think).

I am looking for help, suggestions, bug reporting and anything else you
can think of. I don't want to do it on my own ;-)

Carlo Beschi has already joined the project - Thanks.

So far, I have done an initial import of the code I linked to at the
start of this thread there is now a SVN tree and the code is in trunk.
Feel free to check it out and play with it.

A fair amount of the table removal has already been done in this import.
The basic logic hasn't really been changed/re-factored and the look &
feel could still be improved quite a bit I think.

Anyone wishing to help please request to join the project here:

http://forge.vtiger.com/project/request.php?group_id=222

The homepage of the Customer Portal NG project is here:

http://cpng.forge.vtiger.com/

Cheers

Alan