[Vtigercrm-developers] Ideas to improve vtiger / feedback to bugs on trac

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Fri Sep 18 01:06:50 PDT 2009

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your contributions towards  bug fixed and enhancement patches.
Sorry to not give you quick updates on the contributions. We would
definitely like to consider your contributions for integration.

Right now we are slightly tied up with development task and couldn't review
the trac tickets. We will be taking up this task soon and will update you in
a time span of 2-3 weeks.

On 9/17/09, Paproth, Stefan <paproth at 4com.de> wrote:

>  Hello there,
>
> I’m from a company in Germany. We’re currently starting to use vtiger.
> We’re really happy with vtiger, but we’ve found some bugs, which we already
> reported at the bug-tracker (bugs 6291 and 6292). Additionally, we have some
> ideas for enhancements, which we also reported (bugs 6293, 6315, 6316,
> 6317). Unfortunately we didn’t get any feedback yet. Some of these issues
> are already implemented by me (patch is attached to the bug), others could
> be implemented in the near future.
>
> We’re really willing to provide some code for fixing those bugs and to
> implement the enhancements. But we would need the feedback, that those issue
> will be integrated into one of the next vtiger releases. Otherwise our
> coding would be in vain. Or we would have to patch our enhancements into the
> official vtiger releases every time we’re running an update of vtiger, which
> would be very annoying.
>
> Maybe these enhancements could also be usable for others? Especially the
> webservice upgrading (bug 6318, 6319, 6320) could be suitable for many
> others.
> If you agree with me I would implement those enhancements and offer them to
> you. If you are at variance with some points please let me know. We could
> adapt things to meet your needs.
>
> I would be really glad to get any feedback (Bug x will (not) be integrated
> into the official release / could be integrated, if you also implement
> additional feature y / …). We really would like to work on vtiger and help
> improving it!
>

> Regards,
>
> Stefan

Asha