[Vtigercrm-developers] Calendar Event Import

Pierluigi Bucolo pbucolo at vodafone.it
Sat Sep 12 02:51:26 PDT 2009

Hi @All,
	I need to import large Calendar Event Data (it's very annoying to
insert it using web interface), but there isn't any option to make this
using web GUI.

I've tried Outlook Plugin (using OL 2003), but I've got several issue:

1 - Outlook Plugin 5.1.0 goes in error when login. Error message is Wrong
Version. Reading "About... window" the version of plugin is 5.0.4 altougth
I've installed the 5.1.0.

2 - I've tried the CRMOLPluginBycrm-now and I can login, but when I try to
syncronize the Calendar I've got several issue due Date Format and the
plugin try to syncronize wrong items. OL and CRM (user's preferences) use
the same format dd-mm-yyyy.

3 - I need to populate several  custom Calendar fields and the OL Plugin
doesn't support this.

BTW, I can achieve this result writing directly in the database with an ODBC
connection importing an Execel Sheet or using Access, but I've got some
trouble to understand which are the rigth tables to use.

These are the fields I need to update:

Event Type, Event Description, Status, Assigned To, Start Date/Time, End
Date/Time and 4 custom fields.

Please can you suggest a quicky solution ?

Suggested Improvement: Write a native module to import inside CRM like other
data (Contacts, Tickets.....).

Thanks in advance,
- Pierluigi Bucolo