[Vtigercrm-developers] Customerportal layout bugs in 5.10

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:47:51 PDT 2009

Continuing my investigations the CustomerPortal module...

I saved a copy of the html source after viewing the default page on the
"Sevices" tab.

I've reported on Trac some typographical errors such as a space between
"colspan" and the "=" and missing closing > on span tags repeated across
several files.

Examining the html source there appear to be some problems with the
overall nesting of the generated html but I wanted to check first.

After tidying the contents of the file so I was sure only one tag was on
each line and removing stuff like comments and in-line javascript, I
grep'd the file for the occurrences of each of the following

grep -c "<table" file.html; grep -c "</\table>" file.html

<tbody> = 2
</tbody> = *1*

<form>  = 2
</form> = *1*

Other tags I tested matched; <tr> for example had 28 open and closing tags.

Is this what I should expect to see? I'm not sure if the Javascript
could "fix" some of these mismatches or not. Javascript ain't my strong
point. I also noticed similar mismatches on other tabs such as accounts.

Cheers