[Vtigercrm-developers] Webmail seems a bit wrong?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 00:15:23 PDT 2009

On 14/10/09 18:54, David V. wrote:
> And (even better) try to provide a patch if you can.
>
> David V.
>

> 2009/10/14 David V. <davidv.net <http://davidv.net>@gmail.com
> <http://gmail.com>>
>
>     Alan,
>
>     Maybe you should open a Trac ticket about this ?

I wanted some confirmation that I wasn't being completely stupid before
I did that.

I'm still not convinced, but when I think about webmail systems like the
horde it does do what I would expect, i.e. copy your mail to a sent
folder rather than sending a copy "to" me.

The other problem I noticed with the sending-a-copy solution is that you
can't actually see the original recipient's email address in the copy
you receive. Both the "from" and "to" fields contain my email address.

Is this something others can confirm or maybe it is my configuration
that is at fault?

I think a major factor is that there is only one SMTP account. I think
that, for this to work properly, vtiger needs separate SMTP
configuration details for each user in the same way as for the IMAP/POP
retrieval.

Cheers