[Vtigercrm-developers] Develop new custom home page widget

Terrinoni Alessandro a.terrinoni at reply.it
Wed Oct 7 03:45:47 PDT 2009

Hello

I'm trying to develop a new type of home page widget.
This kind of widget is very similar to default widgets: the idea is that an user can choose which one to view from a list of fixed widgets.

The widget has to show an swf object which is generated via a javascript library which come from third party vendor.

I started from very basic: i managed to create a new type of widget which shows a fixed text hardcoded in the template (for semplicity, at the moment, i created a new template file to show from Homeblock.php). This works.
Then i modified what i've done before inserting the javascript include and the code in the template. Now i have a problem: in the homepage the widget shows but there is no swf object in it. If i try to access the homeblock widget directly (at the url: http://localhost:81/index.php?module=Home&action=HomeAjax&file=HomeBlock&homestuffid=[id]&blockstufftype=[type]) the widget works and it shows me the swf object. Also, the hardcoded text is shown in either the widget in home page and the single homeblock widget.

So it came to me it could be a problem from javascript library not loaded successfully, as if the library is not reached correctly no swf object is generated. I tryed to put the include for javascript library in either the new template file, Homestuff.tpl and MainHomeBlock.tpl, with no success unfortunatly.

Then i need some help, does anyone focus what could be the problem here?

Thank you
Alessandro

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.