[Vtigercrm-developers] Please test: vtiger extension for Thunderbird 3

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 04:07:28 PST 2009

Hi all,

I've migrated the extension to work with (and only with) TB3. This won't
work with TB2 at all.

If anyone is using any of the betas or RC builds or nightly (Shredder)
Thunderbird builds please do me a favour and test it.

I've incorporated a couple of changes to the extension as well as
migrating the API:

* Importing Contacts now works for > 100 contacts
* It displays a progress bar & updates whilst importing & exporting

All features are working for me.

There is still a bug in that importing Contacts does not check for
duplicates. I'd appreciate any advice as to the best way to fix this?
What constitutes a duplicate entry?

* Just email? (But what about the contacts that might have an
info at company.com address)

* email *and* first/last names?

* More?

Anyway - here's the xpi:
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com/vtigercrm-thunderbird3-plugin-5.10-pre.xpi

Please try it and let me know how it works for you :-)

TIA

Alan

--
Alan Lord
The Open Learning Centre

Web: http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55