[Vtigercrm-developers] Creating a custom field that is a link to an another table row - vtiger 5.0.4

Stephen Mack stephen at efronteras.com
Thu Mar 5 07:06:33 PST 2009

It sounds like your businesses' use of the system is very different than
most users.  That does not make it wrong just different.

I'm sure it can be done but you'll have to review the code to see how
records are attached as in the potential module which has the same setup as
you describe for the associated "account".

So the basics are there for what you want.  You'll need to do some custom
coding.  I don't think the system is inefficient.  I think your use is
different.

-- Stephen Mack
Gerente de Ventas y Marketing
Escuela Fronteras
www.eFronteras.com
skype: eFronteras.Stephen

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Hardev Bassan
<Hardev.Bassan at warwick.ac.uk>wrote:

>  The same contact can be the 'Primary Contact' for one Account and not for
> another Account.
>
> This means that you will have to create 2 contact (one with label 'Primary
> Contact' and another without 'Primary Contacts' - also may require extra
> browsing action) - again not very elegant way of designing a database
> system.
>
> Hardev

>>> Hardev