[Vtigercrm-developers] DatabaseSchema.xml

Grzegorz Przeździecki grzegorz.przezdziecki at pflg.pl
Thu Jan 1 17:51:05 PST 2009

Tray to install on PostgreSQL (8.3) and have some error
from DatabaseSchema.xml file

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-
bin/trac.cgi/browser/vtigercrm/branches/5.1/schema/DatabaseSchema.xml

For example
Create table with index "stuff_stuffid_idx"
==========
  6270
                <field name="stuffid" type="I" size="19">
  6271
                        <key />
  6272
                </field>
  6273
                <field name="modulename" type="C" size="100" />
  6274
                <field name="maxentries" type="I" size="19" >
  6275
                        <notnull />
  6276
                </field>
  6277
                <field name="customviewid" type="I" size="19">
  6278
                        <notnull />
  6279
                </field>
  6280
                <field name="setype" type="C" size="30">
  6281
                        <notnull />
  6282
                </field>
  6283
                <index name="stuff_stuffid_idx">
  6284
                        <col>stuffid</col>
  6285
  6286

==============

And second table
with index "stuff_stuffid_idx"
==========
  6314
                <field name="stuffid" type="I" size="19">
  6315
                        <key />
  6316
                        <default value="0" />
  6317
                </field>
  6318
                <field name="url" type="C" size="100" />
  6319
                <field name="maxentries" type="I" size="19" >
  6320
                        <notnull />
  6321
                </field>
  6322
                <index name="stuff_stuffid_idx">
  6323
                        <col>stuffid</col>
  6324
  6325
                <opt platform="mysql">Type=InnoDB</opt>
  6326
=============

I don't know how it is looks on MySQL but on PostgreSQL could not create
index with the same name even for another table.
There is error relation "stuff_stuffid_idx" exist

PostgreSQL automatically creates an index for each unique constraint and
primary key constraint to enforce uniqueness. Thus, it is not necessary to
create an index explicitly for primary key columns.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/sql-createtable.html
And it is not necessary to add
===
<index name="stuff_stuffid_idx">
  6323
                        <col>stuffid</col>
  6324
======
to create table for PostgreSQL if you not use index by name in code???
In that case on PostgreSQL will be two index on the same column.
It is possible to take into consideration  about this in xml structure??

Or better create new DatabaseSchemaPSQL.xml (for example) specially  for
PostgreSQL

Best Regards
GP

--