[Vtigercrm-developers] Convert a field to uitype 15

Stephen Mack stephen at efronteras.com
Fri Feb 20 12:09:31 PST 2009

I'm trying to convert field vtiger_vendor | category to a picklist field
(uitype 15)

Here is how far I got.

1. I edited vtiger_fields changing the field from uitype 1 -> uitype 15
2. I created the table *vtiger_category* using the following SQL

CREATE TABLE `vtiger_category` (
  `categoryid` int(19) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `category` varchar(200) collate latin1_german2_ci NOT NULL,
  `presence` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
  `picklist_valueid` int(19) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`categoryid`),
  UNIQUE KEY `category_category_idx` (`category`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=18 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
COLLATE=latin1_german2_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=18 ;

3. I created the table *vtiger_category_seq* using the following SQL

CREATE TABLE `vtiger_category_seq` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_german2_ci;

The changes seem to be working correctly except I can't use the picklist
editor to add the entries and I'm don't understand the schema fully to add
them manually.  What is the step I'm missing to finish the conversion?

Thanks in advance.

-- Stephen Mack
Gerente de Ventas y Marketing
Escuela Fronteras