[Vtigercrm-developers] Autoemails and workflow extensions

Brett Hooker brett.hooker at roarz.com
Sun Aug 2 15:05:28 PDT 2009

Joe,

Great post.  Thanks.

Love the SMS point as well.  I'd put a vote in for ClickATell support
out of the box due to its API, international coverage, excellent pricing
and support in other apps (like Joomla!).  We've been using it for
years, and are very happy with it.  http://www.clickatell.com/

Just last night I wrote some notes up for a similar change to the
workflow engine so that we can implement our automated invoice
processing and overdue reminder code.  Details included below.

We'll need to make our changes pretty quickly, like this week, so that
we can get our internal systems up on 5.1 asap.

I'd like to co-ordinate our changes with yours and with the core team so
that this change ends up in vTiger 5.1.1.

Are you already coding this on your side?

_*Cron Initiated Workflows*_

    *

      Extend 5.1 workflow engine to launch workflows based on conditions
      being true in the database on a scheduled basis (new for 5.1).

    *

      On the Edit Workflow screen, add a new radio button to the "When
      to run the workflow" list titled "On a schedule" and when chosen,
      add a extra set of options for what the schedule will be:

            Valid time intervals would be cron-like, i.e. once a day at
            a specific time, every {x} minutes, every {x} hours,
            specific days of the week (Mon, Wed, Fri)

    *

      A cron job runs regularly, and checks for handlers that have been
      defined within vTiger 5.1 workflow engine. If any exist for the
      given time interval, the cron job tests the conditions and if
      true, invokes the actions as defined in the workflow.

    *

      This is how we implement invoice reminders code that we have in
      5.0.4; i.e. once a day at midnight, look for any invoice with a
      due date < now()-7 and send an email per the email setup on the
      worflow entry. May need to explore the limits of the current
      condition functionality within the workflow definition to
      implement the < now() business rule.

Thanks,
Brett
Phone 0404 067 421

<http://www.roarz.com/bretts-blog>
	<http://www.roarz.com/email>
	www.roarz.com <http://www.roarz.com/email> Phone: 1300 885 125  Fax: 07
3009 0648  ABN: 69 113 777 594
Capalaba HQ <http://www.roarz.com/capalaba>: Suite 2A, 26 Redland Bay
Road Capalaba Qld 4157
/ROARZ will help you get your website up to date and keep it that way./