[Vtigercrm-developers] displaytype in vtiger_field

Lee Valentine lee at leev.net
Thu May 8 19:15:44 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,

I just had a question relating to the displaytype field in
vtiger_field.  I understand what 1, 2 and 4 mean, but 3?

I see the field salutation on leads is a 3 and this field is then tied
to the firstname field when creating/editing/viewing the lead.  Is
there a mapping to say somewhere that the salutation is linked to the
firstname field or how is this achieved?

Also, the typeofdata field includes whether the field is mandatory or
optional, however the uitype also does this?  Which one is the master
or do they serve different purposes?

Thanks,
Lee