[Vtigercrm-developers] Substr function and unicode

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Tue Mar 25 23:17:38 PDT 2008

Hi Denys,

To use mb_strlen and mb_substr you need to enable mb_string php extension.

Also check out this library: http://phputf8.sourceforge.net/ which has
wrapper functions: http://phputf8.sourceforge.net/#String_Functions

If you work with this, kindly let us know your observations in more details.

Good luck.

Regards,
Prasad