[Vtigercrm-developers] Qualify email question

clement chazarra chazarra.clement at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:58:34 PDT 2008

Hello everybody,

First a big huge "THANK YOU" to the vTiger team, this release is a big step
forward, so many improvments.. I am now playing with it and I really enjoy!

I would like to talk about qualifying emails, when I do so, it creates a new
contact which contains the corresponding email. The problem is if I receive
again an email from the same contact, if I qualify again the email, it will
create again the contact as new.
Instead of this behaviour I would like to look up if the email already
exists in contact details and if it is the case, just add the email to the
contact.

I had a look in the log and could trace the bahaviour till
"insertIntoEntityTable Contacts vtiger_table name vtiger_contactdetails"
(method located in crmentity) but so far I cannot find the code between this
method and the button "qualify" on the webmail menu.

My question:
Does anybody could tell me where to find the code executed when I press
"Qualify" button? I can find "add_to_vtiger" method (in webmail.js) but
cannot figure out where to go from there.

A little help would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys and long life to vTiger!
Clem