[Vtigercrm-developers] Carriage Returns in Event Detail View

karyn.cassio at transmagic.com karyn.cassio at transmagic.com
Tue Jun 3 10:17:24 PDT 2008

Hi,

Admittedly I am new to developing in vTiger so I apologize if this is a
basic question.

We are using vTiger 5.0.3, with PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL 5.0.22.

In the Detail View for an event, if the Description contains a carriage
returns (written to the DB as \r\n), the Detail View shows everything on one
long line.

However, everything looks fine in the Edit View.

In the Detail View of a ticket Description, which I know is getting its
information from the same table, this is not the case.

All new line and carriage return code is read correctly.

However one thing I found interesting is according to the smarty debug
console, the $ACTIVITYDATA array drops the \r in the Detail View for the
ticket, but not in the $ACTIVITYDATA for an Event.

Any thoughts or help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

My preference would be for the \r\n to be rewritten to <br>'s.

Any thoughts on where that should be executed?

Karyn Cassio

Web Developer

TransMagic, Inc.
Email: karyn.cassio at transmagic.com