[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger contribution question

Jorge Torres jorge.torres.maldonado at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:13:25 PDT 2007

Hi,

Since it is now clear that postgres is supported, the only thing would be
about Enrico's opinion of adb->query_results being resource wasting, which
is very important regardless of mysql or postgres use,  Enrico,  what are
you doing instead of using the query_results method?

About the other thing here is a todo list which could possibly be common
with vtiger's:

- Use WebWM (webwm.sourceforge.net), instead of porpup windows which are
blocked by internet explorer and sometimes firefox, also use WebWM for
virtual windows, such as the ones in editing custom fields.

- I don't know why imap email doest work, I get the message that email
should be configured, even if it is in fact configured, well so i will try
to fix that, + adding imap options to the Add user template,

- DHTML Customizable pdf sheet creator for sales-orders and the others,

- AJAX calendar refresh, and adding standard calendar view on a floating
window.

- Date field DHTML floating box.

- Help DHTML widgets, which will soon be offered by the webwm framework.

- Translation facility, probably a script that reads every lang file, and
organizes it in a HTML form, and then form it regenerate the lang files, so
language translation can be made from web, rather that getting into the
code, + the fact of making it a lot more easier when adding new definitions
and translating them to the other files.

Well with that I think I have lot to play with for some time.

Thank you,

Jorge