[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Patch: import that deals with duplicates

Dirk Gorny Dirk.Gorny at Genion.de
Fri Mar 9 03:02:14 PST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 8. März 2007 schrieb xavier dutoit:

> > http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/./$LOCALDI

> > > Is this how you use it ?
> >
> > No. I use:
> >
> > svn
> > diff --old=
> > http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/@$OLDRELEA
> >SE--new=
> > http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/@HEAD
> >
> > And patch it by hand. Then you look for DB changes and change the
> > database if
> > needed.
> >
> > > It should be as simple as a "svn update", even between branches,
> >
> > shouldn't
> >
> > > it ?
> >
> > No.
>
> Ok, based on my experience with other projects, I know for a fact that it
> is possible to keep your local modifications and benefit from svn updates
> without having to create patches between versions.

I don't wrote that it is impossible, I wrote that for me it sholdn't be as
simple as "svn update", even between branches, because I dont need it.

> Yes, but again it shouldn't be a problem. Can we imagine two seconds a use
> case scenario ?
>
> I've fixed a bug on the 5.0.2 and there is a new 5.0.3 version. I want to
> use it, but, of course, to be sure my patch is still existing.
> They are three scenarios:
> 1) The bug is still on the 5.0.3 (and my fix still work)
> 2) They have applied it as offered and I need to "forget" my patch
> 3) They have fixed it, but with a different patch than what I submited

The most important for me is to change code (not bugfixing) and don't get this
overwritten by an update.

> > Look at:
> > http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/schema/Dat
> >abaseSchema.xml
>
> Brilliant, thanks.  Could you recommend a way of using these to generate
> mysql commands with the diffs ?
Sory, I have no experience in mysql. I think there are some tools for innodb
do this job.

Best regards,

Dirk