[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5.0.3: Patch for PHP

Minnie minnie at vtiger.com
Wed Jun 27 04:36:03 PDT 2007

	5.2.xReleased
Cc: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

------=_Part_941_29469484.1182944163752

  Dear Dirk,

          This release is mainly for end users those who are notfamiliar wi=
th development process. The developer community can alwayscheckout the late=
st source from svn. For PHP5.2 support you can referthe revision 11187. Thi=
srevision includes latest version of Smarty(Smarty 2.6.18) also. Sousing th=
is revision you can take the diff and upgrade your setup.

Thanks & Regards,
Minnie.

----Dirk.Gorny at Genion.de wrote ----=20

                                                                           =
         Hallo Gopal,

can you explain why you announce set of files as a patch?
In my imagination a patch is something which changes code atomically at tha=
t=20
places where it must be changed and not a steamroller roling over all code =
in=20
the directory.
If anyone does a change in code for himself, the code gets lost. If anyone =
has=20
fixed some errors, the fixes get lost.
If I use a patch I can use it also with a little work in further. So a Patc=
h=20
should be a diff against the 5.0.3 release and not only a accumulation of=
=20
files. His job is to transport fixes and not code which is since a long tim=
e=20
at my filesystem, now with wrong permissions and wrong user- and groupnames=
.
In programming it is a high risk to make a error. If I do someting without=
=20
necessity it is an error that could easy be avoided.

Best regards,

Dirk

Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2007 schrieb Gopal:
> URL has been fixed. You can directly download from:
>
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vtigercrm/vtigerCRM-5.0.3-PHP5.2-Patch1.=
ta
>r.gz?use_mirror=3Dosdn

Reach hundreds of potential candidates - http://jobs.vtiger.com=20

------=_Part_941_29469484.1182944163752

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head>=
ead><body >
 =20

Dear Dirk,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This release is main=
ly for end users those who are not
familiar with development process. The developer community can always
checkout the latest source from svn. For PHP5.2 support you can refer
the revision 11187. This
revision includes latest version of Smarty(Smarty 2.6.18) also. So
using this revision you can take the diff and upgrade your setup.<br>
Thanks &amp; Regards,<br>
x;">
               =20
               =20
                                   =20
Hallo Gopal,<br><br>can you explain why you announce set of files as a patc=
h?<br>In my imagination a patch is something which changes code atomically =
at that <br>places where it must be changed and not a steamroller roling ov=
er all code in <br>the directory.<br>If anyone does a change in code for hi=
mself, the code gets lost. If anyone has <br>fixed some errors, the fixes g=
et lost.<br>If I use a patch I can use it also with a little work in furthe=
r. So a Patch <br>should be a diff against the 5.0.3 release and not only a=
 accumulation of <br>files. His job is to transport fixes and not code whic=
h is since a long time <br>at my filesystem, now with wrong permissions and=
 wrong user- and groupnames.<br>In programming it is a high risk to make a =
error. If I do someting without <br>necessity it is an error that could eas=
 2007 schrieb Gopal:<br>&gt; URL has been fixed. You can directly download =
from:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://downloads.sourcef=
orge.net/vtigercrm/vtigerCRM-5.0.3-PHP5.2-Patch1.ta">http://downloads.sourc=
eforge.net/vtigercrm/vtigerCRM-5.0.3-PHP5.2-Patch1.ta</a><br>&gt;r.gz?use_m=
Reach hundreds of potential candidates - <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http:=
//jobs.vtiger.com">http://jobs.vtiger.com</a> <br>

               =20
                               =20