[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5.0.3: Patch for PHP 5.2.xReleased

Dirk Gorny Dirk.Gorny at Genion.de
Tue Jun 26 08:07:47 PDT 2007

Hallo Gopal,

can you explain why you announce set of files as a patch?
In my imagination a patch is something which changes code atomically at that
places where it must be changed and not a steamroller roling over all code in
the directory.
If anyone does a change in code for himself, the code gets lost. If anyone has
fixed some errors, the fixes get lost.
If I use a patch I can use it also with a little work in further. So a Patch
should be a diff against the 5.0.3 release and not only a accumulation of
files. His job is to transport fixes and not code which is since a long time
at my filesystem, now with wrong permissions and wrong user- and groupnames.
In programming it is a high risk to make a error. If I do someting without
necessity it is an error that could easy be avoided.

Best regards,

Dirk