[Vtigercrm-developers] Sharing access problem testing 5.0.3-rc

Andrew Rodes arodes at onweald.com
Wed Jan 24 07:51:29 PST 2007

Well for anyone else having difficulties getting the vtiger503 to work
locally for development, here is how I finally got it to work. (btw .. I was
getting a "no object" error in peardatabase line 441 when ever I attempted
to login)

I posted recently about my "normal" way of getting the most recent point
release code for debugging locally without having to go through reinstalls
all of the time. As part of that process I have always just copied over my
user_priveliges_1.php from from /user_privileges. However going from
vtiger503rc (tag) to vtiger503(Branch) it didn't work this time.

I finally had to just debug it and I found a call in  Comonutils.php  .
getCurrencySymbolandCRate($id)

            In the following I noticed that $id being passed in was null

        $sql1 = "select conversion_rate, currency_symbol from
vtiger_currency_info where id=".$id;

So I peeked in my user_privelges_1.php file, and sure enough I found the
following:

$user_info=array('user_name'=>'','is_admin'=>'','user_password'=>'','confirm
_password'=>'','first_name'=>'','last_name'=>'','roleid'=>'','email1'=>'','s
tatus'=>'','activity_view'=>'','lead_view'=>'','currency_id'=>'','currency_n
ame'=>'USDollars','currency_code'=>'USD','currency_symbol'=>'$','conv_ra
te'=>'1.000','hour_format'=>'','end_hour'=>'','start_hour'=>'','title'=>'','
phone_work'=>'','department'=>'','phone_mobile'=>'','reports_to_id'=>'','pho
ne_other'=>'','email2'=>'','phone_fax'=>'','yahoo_id'=>'','phone_home'=>'','
imagename'=>'','date_format'=>'','signature'=>'','description'=>'','address_
street'=>'','address_city'=>'','address_state'=>'','address_postalcode'=>'',
'address_country'=>'','record_id'=>'','record_module'=>'','id'=>'1');

currency_id was not set although it was set in the DB. Anyway, I just
changed it to 'currency_id'=>'1'  in the user_privelges_1.php file and
everything started working.

I don't know where or how that user_privileges_1.php file gets created but I
looked at some past point release versions and my user_privileges_1.php
always just shows null for the ID and has worked in the past. I am assuming
its just an environment thing on my end, but if someone from the core dev
team could verify that the privileges file is always created with a value
for currency_id it might be a good idea to avoid a possible bug.

OnwealdAndy

  _____