[Vtigercrm-developers] Automated Testing?

Ken Lyle kenlyle at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 06:54:05 PST 2007

Some time back, there was mention somewhere, I think
from Richie, that there were some automated testing
tools.

Have these been deployed?  I don't think I've ever
heard about them.

I would rather get a request to test a new version
knowing that it's been through the x,000 user/dev
contributed automated tests that ran overnight.

I think that these could be as simple as:
"Open Contacts, New, Enter a last name, click save,
read the output for the words "error", etc., then take
a snapshot as test1-runXYZ-YYYYMMDD.jpg", and NEXT
test

Better yet, basically loop over screens, and loop over
buttons.

I think that this would be a very fruitful area to
invest some time, if not already implemented.

Best,
Ken