[Vtigercrm-developers] Validation for 5.0.3 - Issues

Frank Piepiorra fp at crm-now.de
Sun Jan 7 02:33:04 PST 2007

Philip,
These are good news and I hope that the testing of this version will
lead to a better product soon. In order to be able to fully validate
this release I think we should cover the entire package of the CRM core
product and its extensions/plugins. Users do not appreciate a better
core product very well if there are new problems with CRM extensions
they use.
For instance, in the previouse releases there had been also releases of
the outlook plugin (v5.0.0, v5.0.1, v5.0.2). Each of them behaved
differently. Unfortunately, these releases where not very well
documented and did not have any release notes at all. So I would like to
suggest to make these extensions part of the validation process and to
include release notes for the extensions/plugins when you make your
public release. Would that be possible?

You provided an impressive list of bugs that has been fixed. But the
list of open bugs at the tracker confuses me. While most of the bugs
have now a milestone there are many bug marked with version 5.0.2 or
older that do not have a milestone. What does that mean?

There are also a large number of bugs that have moved to the milestone
5.1.0. As I understand your release policy 5.1.0 will not be a bugfix
release but a feature release. If that is correct why moving bugs fixes
to 5.1.0 and not to v5.0.4?

Regards,
Frank