[Vtigercrm-developers] Applying permissions to reports

Callum Macdonald lists.vtigercrm.com at callum-macdonald.com
Tue Jan 2 21:19:17 PST 2007

Hey Guys,

Currently if you set up a permission structure such that one group of
users can only see their own records, this permission does not apply to
reports. Thus any user with access to the reports module can run a
contact report on all contacts in the database.

We're looking into modifying the reports module to apply permissions. Is
anyone interested in cooperating on this project? Our developers are not
particularly experienced with the vtiger codebase, so any input from a
"wise old owl" would be appreciated. We're happy to contribute the code
back to the project.

Cheers,

Callum.