[Vtigercrm-developers] Development of an .vcf/.ical import tool in java

Torsten Zenk tzenk at gmx.net
Thu Feb 15 04:38:32 PST 2007

Hello team,
we are planning to develop a java tool for importing .vcf/ .ical
DIRECTLY into an vtiger account.
Starting at:

<!-- Import UI Starts -->
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="Import" method="POST"
action="index.php"><input type="hidden" name="PHPSESSID"
value="646ab689c6157787fede1366f7a87b12" />

we think about getting the phpsession from the cookie created during the
login to get in touch with the right useraccount and then upload it just
like the .csv file.
I start to collect information now to give the guy who will code it as
much information as i can.
We know that this will make the usage of vtiger much more comfortable or
have we simply missed that there already are solutions to this issue?

Therefore my question, has there ever been one of you starting something
in this direction or is the vtiger team interested in participating by
pointing us to the right places to get the information we need to get a
smooth little tool written in java ( makes it OS independent)?

As i have never started a project like this before, could someone give
me some information about these things:
Where do i host the project (sourceforge?, trac?)
What else do we have to keep in mind?

Best Regards
Torsten Zenk